Essay Writing Tips
Essay writing tips by professional writers. Writing an essay often seems to be a complicated task for students for most working students today; writing essays is a frustrating affair. The workload is massive, and the research hours are rising to ensure full coverage of the syllabus.
- Writing an essay is so hard because we focus on rewards such as getting a passing grade or the approval of our teacher. An essay is a large project; there are many steps a student can take, which will help break down the task into manageable parts.
- Following these essay writing tips can give you the proper way to get you the best possible score in your essay.
Tips on Writing an Effective Essay
1. Carefully read the question and consider what is needed
It may be self-evident, but answer the question! Identify the command word (describe, interpret, assess, etc.) Be clear about what the essay needs to be, but also what the essay’s limitations are.
2. Preparatory reading
Do not begin an essay until you’ve got enough knowledge at your disposal to support your overall conclusion. Even if you start with a rough conclusion in mind, your reading may require you to vary this.
3. Make a plan
This will also guide your selection of further reading and information gathering that are the main ideas or issues that need to address? What points are going to lead to your conclusion?
4. Collect information.
Reading notes or handouts won’t give you enough information to back up every point you make. Use other sources such as books and journals in academia. It is also possible to use reputable websites.
5. Structure of the essay
All essays require an outline, a principal body, and a conclusion. Approximately 10% of your word count should be the introduction and conclusion. Your paragraphs also need a structure: remember one point = one paragraph as a general rule. A paragraph should follow the PEEL structure:
- P-Point (assert something),
- E-Evidence (back up your point with references or experience),
- E-Explanation (how this helps answer the question),
- L-Link (to the next paragraph, if necessary).
6. Most of the essays will involve critical thinking.
It is within the explanation/analysis part of your paragraphs that you will gain credit for showing the capability to discuss and analyze the facts and arguments you’ve presented. Confirm every paragraph explains why it’s relevant to answering the question or reaching your conclusion.
7. Using an academic writing style
In essays, you need to write down in a formal, precise, cautious, and balanced manner. Avoid contractions and only write if your tutor has said this is acceptable.
8.Sequence your argument
It would be best if you organized your ideas in a sequence that is meaningful to the reader and can be marked in the introduction. Include signposts in your writing to illustrate how your point develops: words like’ additionally,” additionally,” conversely,” consistently,’ etc. all help the reader follow your line of reason.
9. Support your point by quoting and referring to your sources
Make notes when you are reading and recording your work and add page numbers or put information into bibliographic software such as Endnote or Refworks so you can refer to them later.
10. Note, that’s exactly your first draft.
Be prepared to modify, add, expand, or adjust parts of it until the presentation and content satisfy you. Check for: material, argument and meaning; reference; grammar and spelling; punctuation; and style. Do you use appropriate fonts, margins, line spacing, etc.?
11. Be sure that you write a conclusion
Graders will want to see five paragraphs—introduction, three body paragraphs, and a conclusion—in your essay. If they don’t find these points, they deduct your points. So, make sure you have an ample amount of time to write these five paragraphs. Your conclusion should not be too long; be sure to restate your thesis.
12. Proofread your work
You’re going to end up catching a couple of errors that would cost you.
- Use the last few minutes of your allocated time to check your work, correct spellings, grammar, and logic errors. Even if you only make a few errors, your essay score will be improved.
- The quality of your writing is related to a full one-third of your essay grade, and it is by spotting errors that graders deduct your points here. Don’t be sloppy once you correct your mistakes, either.
- Read and reread the paper to make sure that the sentences are logical and that the paragraphs flow seamlessly into one another. Check the grammar, spelling, and punctuation to make corrections whenever necessary. Delete any obsolete sections; change the vocabulary to boost phrases. Make sure you meet the count of words. Now write down and email your final draft before the deadline.
How was the structure tips? Share your feedback in the comments.
Oddy Labs Can Help You In a Dissertation Writing
We have a highly efficient team of professionals who have expertise in writing any form of assignment, essay, dissertations, and thesis on any topic and subject. Oddy Labs are the best dissertation writing services provider in the USA. We have provided services to students in the USA, Canada, Australia, and many more countries in the world.
We provide DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES in 100+ subjects.
We handle subject English, Mathematics, History, Political Science, Biotechnology, Finance, Accounting, Management, Deep learning, Machine learning, Python, Database, Marketing, Business, Java, Engineering, Architecture, and more.
ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS CONTACT OUR CUSTOMER SUPPORT EXECUTIVES WHO ARE AVAILABLE 24×7 AND TELL THEM YOUR REQUIREMENTS.